Monday 12 October 2009

A most beautiful Autumn






This is one of the most beautiful Autumns I have experienced for a long time. Warm sunny days, gentle winds, beautiful blue skies ... incredible. Hubbie spoke to his brother in The Netherlands and it is
raining, raining, raining there.

The trees have only just started to shut down for winter and their leaves are turning beautiful golds, reds and yellows, and in the sunlight the whole world appears very magical.

Even the view from my dining room window confirms that Autumn has definitely arrived. The bushes are losing their summer green colours, being replaced with browns as the leaves fall. It started out pretty nippy early this morning and took until 10am to go outside without a sweater. Got a lot done this morning. Moved the wood pile, cleaned out the guinea pig hutch, made porridge for breakfast. Now I ache like hell! In four days I will be in Sussex for a week staying at my dad's .... where there is no computer and I am going to leave my laptop at home. OMG!