Thursday 8 July 2010

Another mini-stroke

Thought it was a good idea and about time I had another mini-stroke - so I had one yesterday. Luckily not as bad as the first - the symptoms only lasted a couple of hours. When the ambulance crew told me I would need to go to the NNUH I told them I would rather take my chances on the streets of Gaza.
When asked why I did not want to go I told them:
1. Mixed wards 2. MRSA 3. Dirty 4. I like food that resembles something 5. They don't stick to Stroke Protocol 6. No open windows for fresh air 7. Keeping the temperature at a constant 60 celcius 8. No fresh fruit or vegetables 9. Hours of waiting in A&E whilst the druggies and alkies get seen first

At least on the streets of Gaza I would:
1. Be able to be respectfully dressed 2. Eat food that is edible though sparse 3. Have plenty of fresh air as the Israelis have blown out most of the windows 4. Some fresh fruit and vegetables left on some of the land 5. Have an equal chance of living or dying as I would in Norwich and Norfolk University Hospital

Luckily it was not a TIA. It was a combination of a sudden onset migraine, heat stroke, dehydration, knocking myself unconscious when falling out of bed, very low blood pressure. Thank you goddess