Monday 16 November 2009

Today I lost Hope

Funnily enough this was not a bad thing. It has taken me 56 years to figure out that hope is just an abstract concept based on wishes and desires and not on reality. Maybe the Greeks were right when Pandora's box was opened and 'hope' was kept in as it was considered the most dangerous. Later on, of course, like all good stories, 'hope' was let out just to give humankind something to hang on to!
When one says 'I hope you get better' or 'I hope you die you evil revengeful bi*ch' what does it really mean - I prefer, from now on, to use 'accept' instead of 'hope'.
So 'I accept you are ill' or 'I accept I may or may not win the lottery' (actually I do hope I win the lottery even though I don't buy a ticket so this negates this whole statement!).
Hey ho! It's almost Christmas.