Tuesday 21 December 2010

The kindness of friends and strangers

I love it when my friends call round and say 'would you like to go out somewhere - I'll drive'. I'm quite capable of driving but it takes so much energy. I love it when they just show up and we do something stupid like play dominoes. I loved it when Mike showed up this morning (just after I'd gotten back from Cromer Hospital) and said 'I've come to walk the dog'.
He must be psychic because I'd fallen that morning and dislocated my wrist and a complete stranger came up, thought it was broken, called the paramedics and came back with blankets and hot chocolate and took Treacle into his house. These little acts of kindness are so important to me - they are worth more than any treasure, money or gifts and I thank the Goddess that I have friends with so much heart.
Mike is coming back later on and we are going to paint together and he is bringing a little owl.
I wish you all contentment, pleasure and good company at this time of year.