Monday 15 October 2012

Dad

I miss my Dad.  Been two years since he died and I still cannot believe it.  He was a bad father but a good man.  I could talk to him about anything from Plato to Pluralism.  He was a steadfast in my life...always there regardless.  Even after arguments or quarrels he would always be there. 
I remember his calls from Greece when we would get cut off in the middle of a sentence because his card had run out.  He loved Greece so much...I wish he had lived there...it would have suited him.  The saddest thing was the dementia - for a man so articulate and well-read.  I think also some of things he had done through his life haunted him. 
I believe he is in Greece now, sitting on a beach with a bottle of wine, a piece of cheese, some bread and a book.  He gazes out to sea.  I will never forget you Dad.