Sunday 8 June 2008

Twizzle


This is me with my best friend Twizzle. She is very old (26 this year) and cannot see and is also a bit deaf. I let her sleep in the special bed purchased for me. When it is meal-time I take her to the kitchen and show her where the food is. She is very kind to me and very warm so nice to snuggle up with. She tells me lots of wise things such as ' don't eat your own poops, don't play with polystyrene, don't lick the George Foreman grill just after it has been used, do howl pathetically for no reason at all, do find the best spot in the sunshine and do refuse to eat unless you get something different everyday'. She also told me about some famous Siamese cats:
  • Jason, Seal-point on BBC TV's Blue Peter; Lalage, owned by the writer Anthony Burgess; Marcus owned by James Dean; Nemo the travelling companion of British Prime Minister Harold Wilson. Then there have been Siamese in poetry, books and films: Gilbert (Growltiger's enemy) in Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T S Eliot, Si and Am from Lady & The Tramp, Tao from The Incredible Journey