Saturday 9 October 2010

Pain

I did not think I would reach a point in my life when my body would give up on me. I had always trusted it would be there for me..to carry on walking, talking, breathing, laughing, dancing, running...but my body decided to take its own path and no matter how much I fought I could not win.
I am not the Lennox Lewis of fight. So instead I have accepted that I can no longer walk more than 15 metres without pain, that sometimes now my speech slurs as my facial muscles and tongue have been affected by EDS, I can still breathe in and out and laugh, dancing-well not the Five Rhythm mad woman I used to be - more the occasional smooch around the dance floor being help up by crutches or my hubbie.
I ran a Marathon in Ottawa in 3 hours 30 mins - it would now probably take me 3 weeks but I'm going to do one anyway.
I am Tabitha.  I am me.