Thursday 28 October 2010

People and more hotel






A high proportion of the staff we met are well-educated young people who cannot find work in Tunisia - most spoke at least three languages fluently. There was the occasional staff member who hinted for tips but on the whole there wasn't much hassle - just leave tips at the end and not every day! Najed is a ballet/contemporary dancer who can dance anything from classical ballet to Indian dance and was completely flabbergasted when I showed her my popping scapula, my mobile ankles, bendy fingers, twisting wrists - she wanted to know why I was so flexible (probably because I am old and fat!) so I explained EDS and she exclaimed that she worked years to get perfect turnout - and I could just do it naturally (or unnaturally) but then I am such an attention seeker and it was great to show off to someone so young, graceful and beautiful! Mido is also part of the dance troupe resident at the Hotel and has a degree in engineering.