Friday 8 January 2010

Surprises!

Rather sleepily I logged onto my email and was amazed to see there were hundreds of them. It seems my comments about family stirred a lot of people and I have read some of the most heart-rending stories of shattered lives, loneliness, misunderstandings, battles. I still haven't finished reading them all but as you read this blog I want to thank you for sharing such painful memories with me.
I have decided to start a support group for people in the same position as myself because one of the most common elements which arose were 'years of depression', 'feeling like i was thrown out with the trash', 'no roots or connections', 'rejection from family members', 'suicide attempts', 'fear of commitment', 'choosing abusive relationships'. I haven't decided what to call it yet so if any of you who wrote to me have any suggestions please send them in. At the beginning it will be purely for those who responded to the blog. No-one will be able to get in without an access code and bouncers will be in place when the site goes public to chuck out anyone who is inappropriate.
Then my geeky computer mate will set up a web site and we will go from there.

Then another surprise - the lovely tour guide who accompanied us in Provence 'phoned - she is amazing - 66 years old and still charging around Europe and Northern Africa. She is this tiny round Aberdeenshire woman with enough energy to power a reasonably sized electricity station and I can't sing her praises highly enough.
She's off to Rome pretty soon and we would love to go on another tour with her at some point. She has this wonderful ability to keep everybody calm, organise everyone without them realising and was always there for us.

Then surprise surprise more snow. Only a couple of inches but enough to refresh the slushy bits and the sun is blazing and the sky is azure. So when Hubbie gets back from his clinic we will slip and slide our way to the park and let Treacle snuffle his way through the snow. He's getting on a bit the old lad. Bit of arthritis in his back legs but he still charges around like a maniac. At the moment he looks like a woolly mammoth as we let his coat grow longer in the winter and his fur grows outwards and he looks like a Rastafarian. I bed Edna can't wait to get her clippers out - he looks like he's lost 10lbs when he is all polished up and spiffy.

Grania and Jim came round yesterday and we watched Hostel (Grania spent most of the time hidden in her sweater). Good old Tarantino he manages to make a move that is 85% build up and then 15% mayhem. Hubbie cooked supper and managed to dish up whilst someone was having various parts of their anatomy removed. I haven't seen Inglorious yet - but for me his masterpieces will always be Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.
Keep safe.