Friday 11 December 2009

Emptying my photo pile so I don't have to blog for a while






I am not in the mood for jolliness. I am thinking about Jess, Gert, John, Margo, Frank, Courtney, Angela, Ada, Mohammed, Mouez, Kay.

Why? For some bewildering reason most of us have been struck by some neurological or auto-immune disease. Why?

What is the point? I take no more solace in spirituality or faith or religion - g-d would not have created diseases that cripple, give pain, create discord, change lives for the worse, take away parents/siblings from each other, erode brain function, make us unable to walk, stand, sit without pain or discomfort, crumble our bones, shake our limbs, paralyze us on one side, unable to see properly.

What kind of g-d is that? Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Depression, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, PTSD, Strokes, TIAs.

I am not angry - just sad for the lost time, the robbing of joy, the anguish and heartache. I don't want Christmas this year.

All I want is for all these people to be well and content. I love them all but love doesn't seem enough.