Monday 21 December 2009

Slipping and a'sliding

Do I go out into minus 7 C dressed appropriately. Birkenstock clogs - not good for walking on slippery path - so went back and got some more sensible shoes. Then arrived at car door - grabbed handle (you would think having been through many a Canadian winter I would have not have done this) and pulled skin of finger. Luckily de-icer on passenger seat so sprayed everything and wiped off residue with my cashmere scarf. Then reversed into the road - well side road - the council didn't grit the side roads s0 nice spinning wheels and slid towards parked vehicle and stopped just in time. Crawled to the hairdresser. Roots done. Back into car - wheel spin - stuck in snow. Moved car forward
then back (why is it when a woman does something stupid in a car suddenly a gaggle of men appear) and then I was off - wheeeeeeee down the hill - thinking OMG main road ahead - somehow or other my car stopped and arrived home in one piece. I love the snow but without snow tyres it's lethal.
Must remember next time to take:
Boots, gloves, scrapper, cloth, blanket, a jacket, my mobile 'phone. You'd think after living in a village for g-d knows how long you would think my boot would look like a small surplus store but it don't. I'm just not made for mud and slush. Give me concrete,
tarmac or sand beneath my feet.